Thursday, January 17, 2008

Intentional Time

I was reading an entry from Dane Sanders blog around Christmas time and listened to him and his wife talk about using your time intentionally - whether it is intentional family time, intentional work time, intentional quiet time, intentional cleaning the house time...That really struck me...not because I don't strive to be intentional with my time - but because every moment is not intentional. IT is so easy to get distracted and veer off course. We are only given so many moments in life, and I want to use them with fervor. I want to really have time with my kids where I am intentionally playing with them or doing school work with them or listening to them - and in the process, I want to ignore the phone, because it isn't talk on the phone time. I guess this is along the same lines as purposeful living - but for some reason breaking it down into time made it more specific for me.

This is something I really want to work on daily in this new year and forever. I know God does things with a specific intention and purpose in mind, maybe we don't know it right now, but He does.

I will not be blogging at all in the next 2 1/2 months. Just trying to get through the day, doing what I have to do, being intentional with my time, following a commitment I have made.

Hugs -


No comments: