Sunday, August 26, 2007

More fun than I thought...

I dread my kids growing older. I think all moms have a tad bit of that feeling in them. The dread that they won't need us or want us anymore. They won't think we are amazing and booteeful (as Meg calls me) and so smart. At least I don't know many teenagers who think their parents are "all that." Kat is five now and she is really able to do some fun things. I didn't think about this part of growing up. In the last two weekends, she has gone waverunning with us - she loved it and screamed and laughed the whole time! She rode several miles with us on a tandem bike - which I need to post pictures of. We rode to get ice cream and to the park last weekend and took both girls on a long path today and to a ropes course park - which they both climbed to the top or close to it. We got a seat for Meg (3 years old) and a ride and pedal behind for Kat and it is so worth it. She went bumper bowling last week too. Next week, I am taking her rock climbing. I like this stage. She still likes us and thinks we know everything, but she is more independent (not too independent though:)

Praying that you can enjoy whatever stage it is that you are in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your adventures sound fun - it amazes me how quickly our babies become little people and become more and more fun to play with. Will is now more of a companion because he enjoyes all activities. BTW - we're expecting #2 now, due March 7th, was cleared from high risk last week. I'm very excited, but also know I'll be very busy...

Beth