Friday, October 12, 2007

Blessings!!! usually unnoted!

Our family is finally feeling better. I still have a nagging cough - but we figured out what was wrong with kat with some abdominal xrays last weekend and kevin survived a bad back and we are on the mend!!! I wanted to share an awesome poem another mom wrote. I can't give her credit b/c I don't know her name (niemen?)!!! So if you wrote this, please tell me! It is such a good reminder of what matters and the proper attitude!

Counting Our Blessings

I'm blessed with a sink full of dirty dishes that greets me everyday and every evening without fail...
It means I have been able to put three meals a day on the table for 10 people.

I'm blessed with walls smudged with finger paint and carpet stiff with play-dough...
It means the happy hands of children have been creative.

I'm blessed that my favorite shopping spot is the bargain fabric table at WalMart, where the fabric sells for a dollar a yard...
It means I can make 8 beautiful Christmas outfits for all our children for under $15.

I'm blessed with a clothes drier, a microwave, and a dishwasher that all broke down within one week of one another...
It means we have a roof over our heads.

I'm blessed with the task of trying to find lost library books under the furniture, and occasionally paying over-due fines...
It means my children love to read.

I'm blessed with a hallway littered with a tangle of shoes of all sizes...
It means I have 16 walking, running, jumping, steady and joyful feet to put them on.

I'm blessed with the soft murmurs and hushed giggles of little girls staying up too late talking...
It means my daughters will always know the sweet joy of having sisters.

I'm blessed with two messy, loud, rambunctious, smelly, naughty little twin boys who came crashing unexpectedly into our lives...
It means my sons will always know the warmth and love of a brother.

I'm blessed with a husband who sometimes gets home late...
It means I have a husband who comes home.

I'm blessed with college students who drop by at all hours of the day and night, often with laundy in tow...
It means our ministry is touching hearts and lives for Jesus.

I'm blessed with a brood of children who constantly clamor for another baby to hold...
It means they must feel there is plenty of love to spare and therefore plenty of love to share.

I'm blessed with yet another home pregnancy test with a little pink plus sign...
It means that God has seen fit to breathe an eternal soul into a clump of cells and give us a new child to love.

I'm blessed by the daily comments of passer-by who inform me that my hands must be full...
They remind me that my heart is full as well.

I'm blessed to realize that the things that daily can exasperate and overwhelm me are the proof of God's unending love and faithfulness in our lives.

Count your blessings today!!!

No comments: