Monday, December 3, 2007

What's a Honkey?

So we decorated for Christmas tonight...at least we started. It actually looks like we just moved in b/c of the boxes all around. I won't share too many details but my favorite part of the night was when my three year old and I were reading a book about Jesus' Birth. We were talking about each page and the different parts of the story when I asked her what animal carried Mary all the way to Bethlehem. In all seriousness, she says "That's a honkey mommy." A honkey!!! How cute is that?

I didn't correct her yet. It was just too wonderful. The wonderful that only a little kid with a sweet little voice creates.

She also sings Jingle Bells like this (while shaking her hips back and forth):
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way.
Oh more fun it is to wide on
my old roller blades.
(Again, she really thinks these are the words)

Don't you wish you were three so that when you were singing a song and you used the wrong lyrics you would be cute - instead of kind-of dumb sounding?

Here are two pics from the night. One is of the littlest "honkey" lover.



The other is an ornament that I gave my husband in 9th grade:). He is now a basketball coach. Cute huh?



Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! And I may remember that ornament... :)

Anonymous said...

love your blog, I should read it more often, your so creative...