Thursday, November 29, 2007

Check out the contest

Two of the photographers blogs that I read regularly hosted image contests over Thanksgiving. They were looking for images that show us why we are thankful. I entered both - not with the photos that were the best technically - good lighting, composition, etc. - BUT I picked ones that had the most meaning. It was a great exercise, because I felt like every single photo I looked at had at least one thing I was thankful for. It made me even more aware of how blessed I am - even in the mundane of life.

One of my images was chosen as a finalist for a contest held on Me Ra Koh 's blog. You can check it out - it is number 5. I learned of this photographer and her husband at a workshop I attended. She is very generous and does a lot to teach moms (And dads:)) how to take better pics of her kids. She has also been through a few rough times and written a book about it. She is an inspiration to me.

Jessica Claire is the other photographer who held a contest. She is one of the most amazing photographers out there. I love the color and clarity of her photos - and she is extremely creative.

So here are three of my favorite pics I saw as I was looking through my archives.

I am thankful for JOY. It goes deeper than happiness and is rooted in the true love of Jesus Christ. It isn't dependent on it's circumstances.



I am thankful for INNOCENCE and pray that my children will retain that as long as possible.



I am thankful for the toys that lay all over the floor and drive me crazy. They are a reminder of the little blessings God has given our family.



Check our Me Ra if you get a chance.

1 comment:

Dane Sanders said...

What a fun blog! Keep it up. I'm honored you'd mention me. Blessings on you.