Monday, February 19, 2007

Ideas. Lots of them. Scattered. Unfinished.

Yeah – I have plenty of them. Many are pretty good ones. The problem…I have so many ideas that I got all disorganized and distracted and my thoughts become SCATTERED, unfocused. Then, I start a lot of things and don’t finish many. Some I forget about – in the moment, only to remember them somewhere down the line. I think about how good of an idea it was originally and try to work on it a little bit more until I lose all focus again.

Like now, I should be cleaning the house. The kids are quiet. It seemed like such a good idea. Then I realized that I wanted to start a blog – I needed to start a blog so that I could share ideas and help make a positive difference in this world. I hadn’t posted on my blog yet. Hmmm…wouldn’t it be great to start another blog called “Pass it on” or “Pay it forward?” It would be ideas or concrete projects that people could do to encourage someone else or help another in need. I know so many people who could use encouragement or need financial help.

Here is an example of an idea I had in high school – I thought I would draw this picture of my then boyfriend (now husband). He was quite the basketball player and I loved watching him play. I am not an artist so this would take me a lot of patient work. So I found this yesterday.



It is the sketch I started almost fourteen years ago. Notice – it is almost finished – not quite. I remember being frustrated because I couldn’t get his ear right. So, wouldn’t it be great to finish it now and give it to him as a gift? Hmmm…where is that photo I was using? Oh – I can’t seem to find it. I’ll just set it aside for another time – here in my to do pile. It is only as tall as the dresser.

I was planning a lot of other great things:

Sending at least one encouragement note to someone (could be anonymously) every week – the kids had to do it too. We would also visit the nursing home once every two weeks – they need to learn to do kind things for others.

Organizing all of my recipes and putting them in a binder.

Painting a verse on my daughter's wall about how she is a princess – a daughter of the King of Kings. Haven't done that yet.

Making the closet by the garage a place to store all hats and mittens and gloves and boots and making sure everything had a place at a height where the kids could reach.

Doing a scrapbook for each year that Kevin and I have been married. Eac two page spread would have a picture of us and info about the year - what was going on in our lives and in the world...the average price of a home or car...popular shows or songs, etc. Wouldn't it be great to look back after 25 years of marriage and see how we have changed and how the world has changed? I still hope to do this one.

Making a prayer schedule of family, friends, government, etc and actually sticking to it daily…along with my weekly exercise schedule...and cleaning schedule...and monthly journaling schedule….Phewww….

This could be depressing. God loves me and created me in a way that allows me to think of others and try to make situations better. My husband calls me the most organized, disorganized person he knows. I must be creative right? He has given me the desire to do whatever I am doing 110% and when things get a little too hectic, I am thankful to realize that I am so far from perfect. I fall short daily – moment by moment. But he loves me anyway and by his grace and mercy allows me to be His child. I pray that I can focus on the important things of the day and give grace to others when they don’t meet the expectations set out before them, just as God has extended His grace to me.

What a wonderful gracious God we serve. Welcome to my blog – quite an introduction. I am sure you will have your fill of pieces of me.

1 comment:

mommy zabs said...

gosh, i totally relate and get overwhelmed.
that picture anne! That proportion is perfect. you have a great eye. you never let us know in H.S. that you were so talented. I think it is kinda nice and abstract with out the ear :)