Friday, February 23, 2007

THANK YOU FOR PRAYING - UPDATE!

Emma Lovelace, the little girl I asked you to pray for two days ago, is doing GREAT. She is still on a ventilator to assist her breathing slightly. I am sorry I didn't update this sooner but the mom actually got sick herself and I wasn't able to get an update because of her feeling awful! Spend your day praising the Lord for His merciful works!

Several parents have told me that the one thing they would have changed in their parenting is that they wished they would have prayed for their children more. It's overwhelming to think of all the things we want to pray for in regards to our children. You may have seen this before, but it is a parent's prayer calendar. It was developed by Bob Hostetler. It has qualities or attributes that you can pray for your children each day of the month - and it can be used for every month of the year, repeating. For example, on Jan 1 and Feb 1 and March 1..., I would pray for my kids salvation. Anyway, I just wanted to pass it on. Have a wonderful weekend!

{Now I need to go wipe the poop off of my hands since my daughter just loaded her pants and when I picked her up to change her - well, you can figure it out....}

2 comments:

mommy zabs said...

yuck on the poop.
calander like that seems like a great idea! Let's clothe our kids in prayer! I have always thought it would be awful to have the grow up and realize i didn't pray for them much.

Jim Davis Hicks said...

awesome! i want to get a calendar like that.

did you notice that mike colon added the badge?

i hope it takes off, i plan to add it tomorrow and i'll make a post on the forums asking folks to visit and to add it too.