Wednesday, February 21, 2007

To Him who IS able...

Yesterday I wrote about Thirst and how we can tangibly help a cause by donating money. Sometimes we feel helpless in a situation because there is nothing we can do but pray. I am sure we have all been there at some point in our lives - for some of us, it is daily. I read something in high school that said:
So often in a helpless situation
when I have reached the end of my resources
I have nothing left to do
but totally rely on You Lord -
when actually that is the safest,
most secure place to be.
There is no place like our Father's arms.

My good friend Lara Hicks called last night and asked me to pray and spread the word - A young couple - Jen Stark and Chris Lovelace - need your prayers today. PLEASE. They had a baby last week - baby was healthy throughout pregnancy and delivery but swallowed some of it's own bowel movement in the womb. The meconium coated the baby's lungs and as a result he/she (I don't know if they had a boy or girl - I will refer to the baby as he) has been on life support ever since. They tried taking him off of life support and letting him breath alone but he started to crash so the doctors have given the baby until tomorrow. Then they will take him off of life support for good. Pray for healing for this baby and strength and peace for the family. Today is critical. Thanks.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

2 comments:

mommy zabs said...

will be praying, please keep updated.
also i copied your post and put it in mine. hope that is okay

Anonymous said...

Anne, The baby's name is Emma. The Lovelace's are friends of ours. You've met Tori before, it's her little baby cousin that is ill. Lynette has sent good news periodically...for example, Emma did take her first breath all by herself, but still needs lots of prayer. I can't imagine that sort of thing happening. The parents of Emma seem incredibly strong and definitely prayer warriors! ~Colleen