Friday, July 20, 2007

Long time, no write...

I have been completely de-internetized! (Is that a word?) I haven't had access to the Internet since July 11 and won't really be able to write much until after the 26th, but I wanted to give a quick update on ME and MY FAMILY.

We have been away. So wonderfully away. It took a few days to remember how to relax and not be in that "I have to do it all" mode. We are in a beautiful condo basically on the sand with big windows opening to the expansive and gorgeous oceean. Within a few steps, we have seen many beautiful sunsets, dolphins, groups of manatee, a snake, many types of birds and fish...even a few cockroaches! Yikes! On a fifteen minute walk with Megan yesterday, I counted 53 little lizards.

We have done hours of swimming and resting and eating and exercising. Reading, talking, and listening. Cuddling and watching TV. Not a lot of DOING as far as going places and running around. It has been wonderful and healthy. I love staying longer than a week - it gives me enough time to learn to unwind and then to enjoy being unwound before getting all wound up again. (Does that make sense?)

My ever romantic and full of surprises husband wrote me a lovely song and had it arranged and recorded. I may provide a link to it when I get home - or you could email me if you want to listen. It is really wonderful. Just like him:). We just celebrated our tenth anniversary yesterday.

My brother got to hang out with us for a few days - has been great...except for the day I picked him up at the airport and drove him straight to the Urgent Care and then for cat scans, etc. It was a bit scary.

I can elaborate on these things when I have more time - and I can add pictures.

I have also decided to say NO on all working outside of the home for now - except for one specific small job for the school. Pray that I can stick to it. I have to say no to everything otherwise I can't set boudaries. My kids are TOO important for me to be so preoccupied with things that don't involve them. I want to give them as close to 100% as I can while they are home with me and young enough to be influenced. More on that later too:).

Much love -
AM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that vacation is going well! We're winding up our 2-1/2 weeks in NC, leaving Tuesday to head back to reality...ugh. Post pics soon!

Beth