Thursday, July 26, 2007

TIME














is good for many things...spaghetti sauce for example or a new job or a relationship. Kevin and I have been married for ten years now - how does time go that quickly?? Watch out newlyweds - soon enough you will be telling everyone to enjoy life because it goes so quickly! In a marriage - or any relationship for that matter - time changes things. Things are so exciting and new at the beginning and then the wear of life sets in. Yesterday ~ time was a good thing. Kevin just gets me. He knows what I can handle and what I can't - and he has learned to help me and compliment me in those areas instead of criticize me. For example, I have always been horrible at packing. For some reason, I am never done on time and I get stressed out to my eyeballs and usually cry for no apparent reason. I also hate flying on the small claustrophobic-type planes. So, Kevin totally took over - had almost all of the packing done 24 hours early - all of the cleaning - When we got on the plane, he was so gentle and encouraging and kissed me on my head asked how I was doing. That may sound so ridiculous to you - but he didn't say he was trying to help me out or do anything out of the norm - and I wasn't asking. See I try to do things on my own, but I really NEED him. It was just so obvious that he was paying extra special care to help me with the things I am not good at. Early in our marriage he may have gotten frustrated with me or exasperated (and I wouldn't blame him).

I am so thankful for the time we have been able to spend together and am looking forward to the future and how with time we will continue to grow and change together.

I hope to post vacation pictures by the end of the weekend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS picture! You guys look great...and you have not aged in 10 years. Hard to believe your wedding was that long ago, it was the first wedding I was ever in and definitely one of the most fun to be a part of. Looking forward to more vacation pics. And your dress is adorable!

Beth

mommy zabs said...

i think beth is right you guys haven't aged! And what a sweet story. He takes good care of you and you of him. You 2 are great examples.