Wednesday, March 21, 2007

31 Things I am Praising God for Today

Okay - I know I could think of many more than 31 - but that is how old I am, so here goes:
  • Jesus Christ saving me and offering a life-long relationship with Him
  • a handsome, extremely wonderful husband of almost ten years who loves Christ and me and the girls with all of his heart
  • waking up to two beautiful, happy-in-the-morning girls who I get to spend every day at home with
  • family in town so that when I don't want to be with them we have free babysitters:) (kind-of kidding)
  • a date night with my husband this past Sunday. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory (with a gift card - which I am thankful for too) and watching the movie Amazing Grace (see it if you haven't. Talk about passion, conviction, and perserverance - and a reminder of the cruelty slaves endured)
  • Megan is healthy after a whooping cough test and severel tests on her stools (I never knew what was in that stuff until you get to dig through it for a week)
  • Spring is coming and the sun is out!!!
  • This peaceful time right now when everything is quite
  • My mom's freedom from breast cancer for almost ten years
  • My dad's job
  • My husband's relatively new job and the wonderful Godly people he gets to work with on a daily basis
  • The fact that my two year old waits by the door for daddy to get home in her Snow White dress...and when he pulls up, she starts screaming "My prince has come for me" over and over. She still wants to marry her daddy:)
  • Romans - I sure have learned a lot studying that book this year
  • People who are able to show grace to others like this amazing couple I read about on Dr. Brown's blog today. Read the Tues. March 20th post - check it out here.
  • Miss Katie - she is amazing for my almost five year old
  • tennis shoes and pony tails
  • parks, soccer balls, and kites
  • Dr. Doherty - he loves Jesus and I wouldn't want anyone else as my kids doctor
  • America - freedom to serve God without fear
  • my larger-than-I-need house and my warm bed
  • the fact that there is no type of clutter police - I would be in serious trouble
  • memories
  • the ability to run around and play with my kids - I know as I get older I won't be able to do that
  • rocking my daughters as I read to them
  • we were able to exercise and go swimming today (and they still let me in the pool even though I forgot my suit and had to roll my pants up to my thighs - he he)
  • a so-much-better-than-expected basketball season for my husband (who is a coach) - and the reality that Winning is MORE than just points on a scoreboard...so many other amazing things have come out of this season
  • God's unconditional love
  • our new kitchen counter - it gives us so much more space
  • money to pay the bills
  • a minivan to borrow for a looooong car ride this weekend...otherwise I would be squished inbetween two car seats in a Saturn for almost 10 hours
  • a Barbie (personally not a big Barbie fan normally) picture book that actually is all about her playing basketball! When is Disney going to make books about the princesses wearing shorts or pants or playing sports??? My daughter wouldn't wear pants for a year because she was convinced that princesses dont' wear pants! I could ramble about that forever...another day...maybe.
What are you praising God for today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne, you are far more positive than I think you realize. You always inspire me with your outlook on life. I wish I had your seemingly undivided devotion and steadfast belief in the good that God brings rather than focusing on the bad. You are a friend at all times and I love you!
~colleen