Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So what now?...wait it out?

I haven't written in a while because I realized that all of my posts were so depressing and deep. If you know me, thtq is not really my outward personality. I am quite silly IRL. Journaling has always been a part of my life though, and I tend to use it when I am upset and frazzled. Generally by the end of my ramblings, I am back on focus where God wants me to be. In addition, lots of things we are faced with every day are depressing and frustrating and those are things that drive me to write. SO - I am writing about what is on my heart - not something that will make you want to jump up and down and shout for joy - but I promise my next post will be happy:).

I am reading a book by Lee Strobel called God's Outrageous Claims. In it, he tells a story about a father who called him from the ICU. The man's daughter had just been hit by a drunk driver and was now brain dead. He goes on to say:
What happened to my friend...is going to happen to you. It may not be the same sort of tragedy, but it is ineveitable that you - someday, shomehow - will experience the kind of soul-piercing heartbreak that comes from a loss too painful to bear. You are not immune and neither am I. (Yikes! - my input)

Jesus said as much; "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." (Wow that is pretty cool! - again from me)) God was saying with clarity that we live in a place that has been distorted and corrupted by sin, and we will have to suffer the consequences during the time that we are here....
Mr. Strobel goes on to also talk about the hope that Jesus offers and the peace and courage we can receive when our life has been turned upside down. When I read that, I felt like my thoughts and fears had been written down on paper by someone else. I wonder so often, when is it "the big tragedy" going to strike me...So, what now? Do I just sit here and wait and wonder and fret?

No - I take each day - knowing I can only control itty bitty pieces of it - I thank God for it and seek to serve Him wholeheartedly and use it for His glory. Okay, I could go on and on but I'll stop there.

1 comment:

mommy zabs said...

Leesh and I were just talking about that verse today. it provides a dire prediction... yet at the same time a great hope, that this isn't the story forever.

we do all face trials.
different thigns are considered trials to each of us.
we can't live in fear about tragedy though. that will get us no where. it is the tragedies that when they come really prove who we are in our core.

glad you are posting again. i like your posts.