Saturday, March 31, 2007

I was away for awhile....

We visited my grandma and grandpa for a few days over this last week. They were celebrating their 60th anniversary - pretty amazing, eh? I don't think many people reach that mark. To get there, we had about a 9 hour drive through some beautiful mountains and rolling hills. So much uninterrupted land...old covered bridges. As much of an anxious driver (and rider) as I am, I enjoyed soaking up the natural beauty. God is good and so creative. I can't imagine how beautiful the garden of Eden must have been!

We went to the zoo yesterday - was fun but a bit crowded and hot (believe it or not) for my tastes. It was definitely good to be outside though. We ALL were in bed by 9:00 pm wiped out.

I am truly attempting to keep a food diary and count my calories. I have never really been obsessed with weight and eating but I have gained a steady 15-18 pounds in the last two years and it is time to get a handle on the issue...especially if we don't end up having any more kids (which I sure would like another:) -Kevin if you are reading this - he he). So I have learned that if I cut back my caloric intake by food or exercise by about 3500 per week, I should lose about one pound a week. The more I research the more I think I can be self-controlled. It is always exciting to take on a new challenge! In my latin dance aerobics class last week (it is a hoot!), the lady next to me burned 934 calories in one hour according to her heart rate monitor (I need to get one of those).

Encouragement for the day - Take heart and remind yourself that your are made in the image of God and if you are a believer, are filled with the Holy Spirit. God is working in you and thourgh you and is thouroughly involved in the problems and pressures you will go through on this day. You are also a part of the plan of God and He is working in you and through you to carry out His good and perfect purpose. Today has significance and meaning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're up early! Were you visiting Orville, is that the right grandparents? Glad you had a good trip...and I know what you mean about the pounds creeping up on you, the food diary is a good idea. Weight is a never-ending battle! I still think you look great...enjoy your weekend.
Beth

mommy zabs said...

thanks for the encouragement! way to go counting calories :) I just am horrible at that!