Monday, November 26, 2007

Raking the Leaves Part 1

The entire day before Thanksgiving and the night before it rained. No - let me change that - it POURED! We have four very big and very old trees with lots of leaves. They seem to fall last in our neighborhood and hadn't fallen yet. However, the rain forced almost all of them to the ground. So we were greeted with muddy, wet, heavy leaves that lovely morning.

When my husband suggested raking the leaves, I wasn't thrilled to spend several hours on Thanksgiving, in the very cold weather, raking slimy wet leaves. But we did.

Here is the bright spot - the part I am thankful for....Every once in a while, my rake would uncover a brightly colored red or yellow leaf. They were gorgeous! and brought a smile to my face. Just being together with family should have made me thankful - many people don't have that.







Our daughters only lasted about 20 min. It was really cold and the leaves were hard to move. I see the girls peeking out the window and go over to see what was up. My oldest - in typical fashion for her - says "We didn't really want to get dirty and cold so we decided to come inside and have makeovers!" So funny...

No comments: