Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Today's peace


EDITED 11:00AM: Praise God - everything looks good!

Today I go in for a mammogram and an ultrasound. Yes I have had a mammogram before – 5 months ago actually…a screening mammogram since I am high risk - a screening mammogram at age 31. Now I have a lump. Yes – I have a lump. Like millions of other women I have a lump. It is probably nothing. The doctor isn’t worried – I am really not worried – It seems to come and go with my cycle. Not extremely abnormal – for the most part…except that my mom had a lump. My aunt had a lump. Both of my grandmas had a lump. The doctors thought it was nothing. But it wasn’t – it was something. My mom’s something was hidden by a cyst…one that was hormonal…one that the doctors thought had been there for possibly 8 years. 8 YEARS! So, today I go to the doctor to find out if my lump is nothing or if it is something. And I feel God’s peace – the peace that passes all understanding and I am thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praises that everything looks good! Keep me posted...
Beth