Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Who needs fancy toys

when kids have an imagination? I have been trying to help the kids learn to dial 9-1-1 on pretend phones in case there would ever be an emergency. They are 2.5 and almost 5. We decided to play pretend hurt and doctor and nurse. We don't have any doctor toys anymore - but the kids came up with all sorts of things. As I was laying on the floor...Megan (the 2 year old) kept pretending to pour water in my mouth and rub my head. Katherine got a drumstick and put in my mouth to take my temperature. She said I had a fever of 80 and would have to stay in the hospital for 50 days. She put on her sunglasses to look in my throat. Then she gave me her prized posession - her bear. Looking around for something else....She grabbed a cash register and scanner. She said she needed to listen to my heart "beep." So, she punched in some numbers, held the scanner to my chest and started saying "beep...beep...beep..." so creative! She also made me warm soup and wiped my brown with an apron. What fun!!! If only we could live in the moment more often and make something fun out of nothing!!

No comments: