Wednesday, May 9, 2007

blogging

EDITED: I am not saying it is bad if your priorities include blogging everyday. I am just not organized enough to do that right now . BUT if you are - kuddos to you!!!:)

So I have pretty much realized that I will be about a once a week blogger...Believe me, it is not that I don't have plenty of thoughts rumbling around in my head that need to get out. I know for some people blogging is one of those daily things in their routines, but I just can't fit it in all the time. See..there is the husband and kids, work deadlines, cooking and cleaning, exercising and reading the Bible, taking a shower...you know - so it tends to get pushed down to the bottom of the list...and I am okay with that. Oh - and the laundry which last week was piled up in the basement to almost the bottom of the shoot in the ceiling...seriously!

Had a great week last week - celebrated a birthday (a few times) for my FIVE year old - so much fun! Working on some graduation invitations, bridal shower invitations, wedding reception invitations, sports photos and family photos...riding bikes!! - Katherine is learning how without training wheels..having family visiting...

Okay - here is the question floating around in my head for a while now. Does it mean you are getting old when everyone else looks so young???? or when 40 doesn't sound so old anytmore? When Kevin first started working in the high school 7 years ago, I remember how young all of the students looked. After my second daughter was born, I remember thinking how young all the new moms were looking. Now, I was sitting at a middle school soccer game taking pictures and thought - "Man, these moms look so young!!" So, are the moms getting younger or am I getting older???

I have some other posts I have been working on - hope to upload them in the next day or so...Have a great day!

2 comments:

mommy zabs said...

Hey girl. Yes we are getting older, statistics say mom's are actually getting older. so us seeing them as younger looking then ever is probably just a reflection of our age :)

On the blogging everyday. Not for everyone! And there are certianly times I haven't. I have no other job right now besides parenting though :) And right now I have some personal goals and regular blogging is one of them. Some ways to help manage your time (if you aren't doing them already)
1. use a rss feeder to read blogs. saves so much time. you only look when there is a new post.

2. use"future post" mentality. Maybe you have one night you can pound out 5 blogs... write them then save all but one as draft and publish one a day. It's a really useful page to post regularly but still manage your time well.

Anne Marie said...

Great ideas Elizabeth - didn't know what an RSS feeder was...may have to google how to do that. And - lots of times I post several times - and I should save them for one a day!! Good ideas!