Monday, May 21, 2007

the weekend..



Here are two pictures from the weekend...can you tell what they are? One is my daughter sleeping with a mitten on her hand. We are trying this again to get her to stop pulling out and eating her hair. For a two year old, she is pretty compliant about wearing it! I think habits are so hard to beat the older you get, so we are comitting ourselves to doing all that we can to help her stop now - but it sure would be easier to let it go!

The second photo is my leg. Odd for me to post that - it is the spike marks left over from a collision during my soccer game on Sunday. I was asked to play on a coed adult team and it was SOOOO fun - spikes, soreness and all! We didn't have enough girls so we had no subs, had to play short two players and didn't get a sub for 80 minutes! It was great exercise and great fun - even in the driving rain. Of course, I was a little nervous at first - but that went away quickly. I have always loved to compete - in any sports. I played volleyball, tennis, basketball, track and softball in high school and loved all of them. The older you get it is harder to find places to play. Anyway, I could hardly lift my legs last night I was so sore- but it was a good soreness. I miss that.

Anyway- what is something you have always enjoyed doing but forego now that you are in a career, or a mom or dad, or just don't make time to do? (or for some of us - we are injured and can't particiapte the way we did when we were younger.) There is some type of energy or feeling that is wonderful when you are doing something you really love to do.

1 comment:

mommy zabs said...

that picture is so sweett (the first one)... and wow you sure get injured. I remember playing soccer with you in middle school! Didn't you kick the ball super hard in anna's chest when we scrimaged the high school? (and beat them i might add!) :) I seem to remember you practically knowcking her out :)