Saturday, May 26, 2007

It was a good day.

Today was. I traded in my seat in front of the computer for a day outside. I am trying to surprise my husband by fixing up the yard...not my favorite thing to do - the yard I mean. So, I pulled out (with the help of mom) five dead bushes and chopped them up...then moved two bushes. She planted some Hostas and other various plants. I edged and mulched and trimmed more tonight. There is still a lot left to do - hopefully i can be content with imperfection, because I can't make this as perfect as I would like. My legs and rear end are really bothering me - and I think I may have pulled something in my right quad. I am also running out of money. Anyhow - it feels good to do something for someone else - and I am broadening my horizons.

The girls and I watched a Barbie movie(I never had a Barbie when I was little by the way) and ate pizza and subs tonight. We laid in our sleeping bags on the floor and made ice cream sundies with LOTS of sprinkles. (Although my favorite sprinkles treat has to be the toast Megan made me with sprinkles on it for Mother's day:) We read books and tried to have a sleepover in the living room. Thankfully they changed their minds and wanted their beds around 11 - my body wanted my bed too.

I am thankful for fun days like these - fun moments - good memories. Thanks Lord. I have lots to be grateful for.

1 comment:

mommy zabs said...

sounds like a perfect day!