Thursday, May 31, 2007

The end of preschool

“One hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, nor what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.”

I used to have this quote at the top of my resume when I was interviewing for a teacher job. It means so much more to me now that I am a parent – and I am placing my child in the hands of someone else.

My daughter's last day of preschool was today. I was actually sad to be finished - her teacher became a part of our family. Miss Katie exemplified and glorified Jesus in her teachings and interactions with the children. She genuinely loved them as her own. We weren't sure about the value of preschool and sending her this year - but are sooo glad we did. We are truly grateful for this experience. Katherine has really grown and matured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Katie was my preschool teacher too! Wow...can't believe Katherine will be in kindergarten next year.
Beth