Tuesday, May 22, 2007

spinning....

My head is spinning! I had a VERY informative day yesterday - spent several hours at a comprehensive cancer clinic nearby specifically as part of a high risk breast cancer prevention program. I can't wait to write all about it - I think it will help me process the info - but I will do that later this evening or early tomorrow morning - when I have more time.

Also - we now have two girls wearing gloves - in hopes that my five year old will stop sucking her thumb by the end of the summer and the 2 year old will stop pulling out her hair. Before you think I am cruel, we only wear them in the car, in bed, or watching TV.

Right now I just want to say how incredibly thankful I am for my husband! I totally don't tell him enough - but I wouldn't be half the person I am today without him! Do you ever have those moments when your mind starts wandering and you worry about your loved ones and then start to think "How could I possibly survive if anything ever happened and..." Well I was having one of those moments this weekend. Kevin and I went out to a nice (free) dinner at a wonderful restaurant and saw a sweet movie called Music and Lyrics. For some reason, I started that ridiculous worrying and just realized - you know what - NOW is good. I am thankful for NOW - soooo thankful. Thankful for the moment. and Thankful for each extra moment I get to spend with him - it is a gift and a treasure and I want to make the most of it. So - honey I LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

mommy zabs said...

Awe that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I need to take your advice...stop complaining and be thankful for the here and now!!! I know the pregnancy won't last forever (that's obvious since I have 2 girls at home already:) I love to read your insights!