Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Lists?

Do you like to make lists? to-do lists? grocery lists? don't forget to...lists? My husband has so many lists that it takes him like 15 minutes to combine them and review them each day.

So I am making a list. I am frustrated with myself. It is a mommy thing...and a general be-a-better-person thing. I have been forgoing good things...doing less good things...for not so good reasons. For example, my house has been cleaner BUT my kids have watched more TV and have gotten more disrespectful BECAUSE I have been lazy on unfocused.

SO I have been thinking. Thinking about things that are GOOD, HEALTHY, EDIFYING, and I have been thinking about things that are not so good, healthy, or edifying. I made lists. The things on the good list are things I need to do more and pick from when we go through our day. The not-so-good and sometimes-bad are things I need to avoid. Yes this is for me personally but also things I want to work on with the kids.

Here are some things from my GOOD and HEALTHY list (this is my personal opinion - you don't have to agree with me):
  • God's Word, prayer, worship
  • exercise, rhythm, throwing, catching, kicking, running, skipping, stretching
  • art projects
  • reading and books
  • imagination, pretending
  • role playing - and role playing to practice how to act in certain situations (like grocery shopping or the doctor's office)
  • encouraging, uplifting, and serving others
  • cleanliness and cleaning up after yourself
  • being helpful
  • sleeping
  • being consistent
  • veggies, fruit, protein, water
  • PLAYING
  • love, patience, kindness
  • optimism
  • understanding
  • learning good habits and reinforcing good habits
  • hugging
  • listening
  • educational stuff that no one knows is educational
  • taking walks outside, riding bikes, watering flowers, watching birds
  • cooking together
  • writing letters
  • not getting everything I want, being content
  • being still, sitting in awe of God
Praying that you too can find something to do today that is good and wholesome and healthy!:)

No comments: