Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The things they say and do...

I wanted to post some silly things the girls have said or done in the past few weeks...

We went to the Zoo on Tuesday. I think every school still in business was there! It was like Disney World. While there, we saw a family of 4 young girls with Hooter T-shirts (yikes). Even more interesting was this little diaper situation we had. Megan was wearing a pull up and was pretty soaked. She was wearing a long dress and we were sitting at a picnic table finishing up lunch. I slipped off her old diaper and slipped on her new one. Nonchalantly. Nobody would notice right? So I bend over to pick up her old diaper and notice a brown smudge. My heart starts to beat a little faster. "Megan did you go poo-poo?" I ask. She doesn't really answer. She doesn't really have to. I look down and see human poo-poo in the mulch under the picnic table. In the crowded Zoo. In the eating area. Oh my! I frantically look to see if anyone noticed. I think I am safe - so I clean up all of the mulch and poo and leave the area. Cool. Things are okay I think as I look over my shoulder...

The day before, we went to the park. Megan pointed to a man getting out of the car next to us. This particular gentleman was older and had long gray hair. She yells, "Mommy look! That boy has long hair! Boys don't wear long hair! Isn't that funny. He is so silly!" When I didn't reply, she repeated it even louder and moved closer to the man - who still didn't even glance at us!

When Kat was 2, I remember her pointing to a lady in Chipotle and saying "Mommy - does that lady have a baby in her tummy?" when the lady obviously didn't.

A recent conversation between the girls in the car:
Kat: Mommy I am going to marry Ethan (her friend) when I grow up. And we are going to live in a house and have baby girls. And you and daddy are going to be the grandma and grandpa and babysit for us when we go out on a date."
Megan: When I grow up, I am going to marry daddy.
Kat: You can't marry daddy, mommy already married daddy.
Megan: (obviously heartbroken) When I grow up, I am going to marry my friend Ella.
Kat: You can't marry Ella. She is a girl. You have to marry a boy.
Megan starts to cry at which point I tell her that God has a plan and someday someone very special will fall in love with her and marry her. (I pray:)

No comments: