Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What is your identity?

As a SAHM or sometimes a WAHM (Work at home mom) - I sometimes feel like I can't figure out what my identity is. When I was working, I was a teacher. Now - I do so many different things and I don't think I am really good at any of them all at the same time...just a little scattered here and there. I feel like I don't really know who I am...just that I have so many little pieces of me all over that there is no one coherent whole. It is hard for to to focus and hard for me to define really who I am.

So I am writing out some prayer requests in a prayer journal today and it hits me! I may be a teacher, a wife, a mom, a cook, a cleaner, a designer, a photographer, blah blah blah - the list could go on and on...but what I am - the core of WHO I AM is a child of God. Wow! sounds so simple. but it is freeing. I am a Daughter of the King. How easy it is to get caught up in the to-do lists of life and feel bound to them and frustrated by them...BUT everything I do is secondary to loving Him and serving Him and should flow out of me by His strength and His matchless grace and abounding love.

1 comment:

mommy zabs said...

Great word anne. You are a child of God. we humans sure like to box things up with nice little titles and catagories... but the fact is God made us unique! Boxes don't count and shouldn't :)